Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh the fun the we have

Ebie has for sure hit the terrible 2's. Her attitude is fine but she is getting into EVERYTHING! Nothing is out of her reach and if it takes a chair and her stepping stool she will get what she wants. This month has been the worst though. It started with her writing on herself with marker's...almost everyday because at that point the marker's were within her reach (they along with all other writing tools are now put safely away) Then she found the permanent marker and wrote on everything from my light colored kitchen cupboards, to every wall she could get to and everything in between. Then the worst came when she started to get into our hall cupboards(which have all our bathroom needs in them) and use a full thing of night cream to "wash her hair". I COULD not get it out of her HAIR! The shampoo wouldn't even lather....I had to comb the bulk of it our and try to rub in the rest. She had greasy hair for 2 days. Then just when the marker marks on her body had faded and the night cream was finally out of her hair she used a full bottle of liquid foundation to "wash her hair" with and also wash my hallway floor with and if that didn't look pretty enough she applied pretty mascara all over her face and body. The very next morning she found some body butter to "wash her hair" with. Ugh

BUT the best is when Ebie locked herself in our van while it was still running and then couldn't open the door....long story short we didn't have a spare key, my cell phone was in the van with Ebie, and I didnt want to leave her alone to go ask the neighbor's to use there phone....so I broke the window.

body butter

liquid foundation and mascara

night cream

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet all the moms of older kids are just jealous of the fun they are missing out on! Good thing she's so dang cute!

Melinders said...

Looks like you've got a busy one!!

Harmony said...

wowie!! what a little stinker she is....well u did always want a little girl! she should have great hair when she gets older!!! and the poor van window....too bad I bet thats expensive!!!

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. Mitch is driving crazy in that department. He is obsessed with knives and any chance he gets he takes them from the dishwasher and plays with them. Also last night he came into the living room saying "Pitty" which is pretty. He had gotten into my make-up and painted is face with permanent lipstick and mascara AAGGHHH!!! Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

wow!
what can i say?
good luck!

the remkes family said...

oh the JOY!!

Holli Slack said...

Good thing that you're the mom!!!! I KNOW I would have had a nervous breakdown. That really sucks that you had to break the window to get in there with her. I would have used quite a few swear words. Remember I am the perfectionist. I know that life is actually like yours when you have kids. I guess they are all worth it in the end.

Lisa said...

Oh Crystal, I am totally bustin up right now because Tylie has done EVERY ONE of these things, with the exception of the van window thank heavens! I am so sorry!

Chad said...

I'm glad to see she is keeping your life interesting. ;) lol

Anonymous said...

OMG i so remember going through all these kind of things and more...LOL! I almost can say i miss it....but Rahcel still gets me from time to time...LOL!
They sure know how to keep us on our toes that's for sure!:)