Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mercy...

I cant take it anymore. Yep I sayed it. I can no longer "do everything".

I have been SO icky sick and more often than not I can't even seem to peel myself of of my bed long enough to get anything done around the house. Laundry piles up, dishes over flow and take up my counter's and toys and books have found every spare spot in my house.

In a desperate attempt to ask for help I broke down and asked my 4 hour husband (I get 4 hours of eben before he falls asleep) if he could possibly help me. He of course sayed yes and we began to plan out ways he could help around the house. Right off the bat he sayes he can now do ALL of the laundry....I laughed and sayed lets start small (he has never done a load of laundry since we have been married...9 years) I asked if he could do the dishes everyday, I also sayed it would help alot if he put his laundry in the laundry hamper (he has a thing with taking off his socks wherever and then hiding them so I wont get mad and tell him to put them in the laundry) I sayed it would also help if you threw your garbage in the actual trash and not shove candy wrapper's and other goodies under the bed, in the couch, and of course the classic...the cupboards??? He agreed to this all and feeling like I had asked him to save the world he sayed "is that enough" this kinda made me mad and I sayed well you could help with dinner. 2 nights a week I thought it he could either pick something up or make something. He agreed and that night he got to work doing the dishes and putting his dirty laundry in the hamper. It was all down hill from there. He did do the dishes...whenever he got around to them or when I asked him to do them. He slowly began leaving his laundry wherever again and he never did attempt to throw his garbage away....and no meals were made or planned. 2 weeks later and 3 dish loads behind ...defeated and annoyed I took back my dishes and assumed my position as "maid".

I'm completely fine doing any kind of house work and I actually enjoy making things look nice. But at this point I can only do so much. Today as my wee ones are all in the middle of being sick with a nasty cold, Ebie, with tear covered eyes put her little arms out and sayed "hold you"? I just cried and picked her up. Where was someone to pick me up and "hold me" and make everything better. Who knew growing up would mean you would no longer have comfort and help when you needed it.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Crystal hunny i totally know how you feel.. seems like whenever i have a day off i am spednig the whole time cleaning up after 3 grown men....i dont even get to enjoy any of my day cause im doing that....then when i go back to work its destroyed again....im not asking for them to clean, just do the man chores ya know. Make sure the car oil is changed or the lawn mowed or the friggin trash taken out!!! We should have married each other.....id make sure your laundry is done baby ;)

Anonymous said...

during my pregnancy with gracie i could hardly do a thing.... after 18 years of marriage, brock did understand the situation better than he ever had before, and he did his best to help, but it wasn't as good as i wanted it to be. BUT i did discover that dishes can go undone, laundry can pile up, less than fabulous meals could be prepared, and i could still be happy and enjoy my kids. it was a revelation to me, something that i really needed to learn.

Lisa said...

I am SO sorry, but I TOTALLY know how you feel. Sometimes life just sucks for us moms. When do we ever get a day off? Good luck!