Thursday, January 8, 2009

New baby news..

So I had my blood work done and also an "official" ultrasound done to see when exactly I was due.

Eben and I had somewhat decided before I went to the doc's that I was due around the end of June or first part of July. When I went for my first check up the doc sayed the baby was due May 27th because of the size of the baby ect. The "official" ultrasound is now saying I am due June 21st. Closer to when we had first thought. I don't mind not being as far along because I feel like there i so much to get done so this actually gives me almost another month to prepare and get my more completed (we are in the middle of a remodel)

In other news I did have an abnormal blood screening for down syndrome. More tests will be done and it should be all figured out by the end of the month. This does not scare me one bit. I do get a little scared over my family's and extended families reaction to the news. I don't see a need to bring it up at this time. I do ask for your prayer's that the baby will be healthy and happy.

Still no word on what we are having so I guess we will have to waite another month for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy that you aren't stressed about the blood result. i have a good feeling about it...that everything will work out the way it should. your baby is a gift from heavenly father who loves you.

Unknown said...

You know what most of the time the blood work is wrong, but even if it isn't, I personally would take a down syndrome baby over any other type of disability. I am in love wit those kids. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to. You are am amazing mom and any child would be very blessed to have you as theirs!!!

Mellissa said...

Hey, well congratulations on your pregnancy. You have some seriously cute kids. I've been hoping for a blonde-haired, blue-eyed baby ever since I married Adam, but it looks like my Cuban genes are too strong. Ah, well. They're pretty adorable with dark hair, too, so I'm not complaining.
So how do you say 'Ebie'? Is it EE-bie, or Eh-bie? Either way that's a really cute name. And it's awesome that you are teaching her sign language. We did that with Anicka and can't wait to do it again with Ryker. Anicka doesn't remember as many signs now that she's older and more vocal, though. I'm hoping she'll start using it more when we start teaching Ryker. Anyway. *ramble ramble* I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and I'm glad to have a chance to get to know you.