Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's not so bad after all

I'm sure it's a mixture of hormones/being sick/overworked/and having my kids sick that has made me feel picked on...but that was how I really felt(WAS being the key word).
I made dinner which I guess didn't agree with Miss Ebie and she began to throw up..everywhere. I thought "this is it...I have to leave I have to get away" then a small and adorable little voice sayed "eww disgusting" I looked to see my little girl all covered and I felt for her. I smiled and chuckled and repeated what she sayed which made her smile and repeat it again looking down at her soiled shirt. I washed her off and then made a warm lavender bath with bubbles. She splashed and played with the bubbles and she didn't cry ( the best part of it all). I got her out put on her soft lotion, combed what hair she does have and put some eucalyptus all over her back, chest, feet, and head. She was in heaven and truth be known so was I. I decided the dinner mess could Wait and I called the boys in for a equally refreshing bath. They were so happy and calm. I gave each one of them the rub down with lotion and eucalyptus oil. And when it was all sayed and done I had 4 bathed, happy kids snug in there robes and pj's all sitting by the heater and just...being content. It was then that I knew my life was not so bad. That I needed to make myself happy and comfort myself in the wonderful surroundings of my home and family.

Being a mom isn't the most glamours job but it sure the most rewarding. I am thankful for all of my blessing and more thankful for the chances to see how lucky I really am to be a wife and mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this posting made me so happy. i think my best mothering moments have been when i have been at the end of my rope, and then allowed myself to relax and see the beauty in a moment that had seemed unbearable just a moment before. unfortunately there are so many times i don't turn it into a good moment. this was a great reminder for me.