Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sisterly love

I always wanted a sister, which I do but she is 10 years younger than me and is somehow living on a different planet called "planet teenager". I love her to pieces and have become more close to her over the last few years but realistically I feel more like a mom to her than a sister. I am blessed with wonderful sister-in-laws who I can easily talk to and hang out with. There is one of my sister-in-laws that fits in the "favorite" category though. That's my sister-in-law Signe. Her and I do all the things that I always wanted to do with my sister when I grew up. I love to get together with her, we visit, the kids run a muck and we always find something to make (we sew alot). I feel like I can tell her anything and I think she feels the same way.

I am also very inspired by the way she just gets things done...she's not really afraid of anything.

Tonight we cut out little cowboy chaps for our boys for Christmas, we laughed and had a great time and as I left I felt very grateful...and realized how much Signe means to me and how much she reminds me of a "sister" it made me more aware of how much it means to have her in my life and in my family.

This picture is from a few years ago on my birthday. Marie, Sarah, me, and Signe

3 comments:

the remkes family said...

gotta love the pic.:)signe is awsome and so are you and sarah, it's nice to have friends even if i don't see them very often.we need to have a girls night out, it seems like we haven't done that in so long!
marie

Chad said...

Great posts Crystal. :) Just making my presence known here on your blog. :)

Devin and Chrissy said...

Hey Crystal you have to add Devin and I's blog spot its devinandchristina2004@yahoo.com hope you will add it.