Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting ahead of myself

Okey so today I called the doctors office to make another appointment to see how baby leatham is doing. The receptionist mentioned I would be 18 weeks when I come in for the check-up and that they might be able to see the sex of the baby. WHAT? WOW?!!! when did this happen? I'm not that far along am I? Don't get me wrong I don't mind that I'm further along than I was thinking (every pregnant women's dream). But my life is just running away from me. Ive spent all this time being sick and miserable and not enjoying my life.

I'm stuck in the middle on whether or not to find out what we are having. We started off thinking that for sure we wouldn't find out...we have both boys and a girl so really why not wait and be super surprised? Well TEMPTATION snuck in :) All the sudden both me and Eben are thinking maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal to just find out. So here is what we have come up with: we will have the doc check and then write down what the sex of the baby is on a piece of paper. We will then make the decision of whether or not we will be "finding out" or not. I almost think I will be less tempted to look at the paper knowing that it's right at my finger tips..."do I really want to ruin the surprise" kind of deal. We will see I guess. If we just have know then we will wait to look at the paper on Eben's Birthday (January 28th).

3 comments:

Devin and Chrissy said...

Well whatever you do and how you find out that baby is gonna be just darn cute. Well Crystal I hope you are doing well I hope you add my blog to your blog so we can keep in touch this way. I have to agree this is way better then myspace at times :) Hope you add us its devinandchristina2004@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

What the heck??? I guess that I haven't seen you in forever, let alone talked to you, but I had NO idea that you were prego! Congrats!!! I am excited for you. We need to get together one of these days and let the kids run wild. They had fun the last time and it has been a LONG time ago. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

how exciting to be further along than you thought!
have you found out the gender of your other babies?
i liked knowing the gender of my babies. i felt like it helped me to bond. but i have never tried being surprised. that would be fun too.