Friday, November 28, 2008

Very Thankful...

This Thanksgiving I cant even explain just how grateful I truely am. I couldn't even ask for more than I have.

About 4 or 5 weeks ago we found out we were having a new baby and we could not be more excited about it. We are getting to have quite a big family and even with the 4 kids people actually looked at us as circus freaks anytime we were out of Utah, so when we found out that number 5 was on it's way we were a little scared of people's reactions. But we were pleasantly suprised when people found joy in our new baby. I usually have a miscarriage before I can carry full term and I was a little scared to tell anyone that we were exspectng but I really had a peaceful feeling about everything and I was too excited not to tell everyone I could so we went for it and sent out a mass picture message to family and friends telling them we were going to have another baby.

Well 3 weeks ago I began to cramp alot and bleed. I knew what was happening but I couldn't bare tell anyone but Eben. I wanted my baby so bad and I wasn't going to let it be all gone just like that. After a week of misery and pain the bleeding stopped. I still had morning sickness and I "felt pregnant" but in the back of my mind I knew it probly wasn't possible. I made an appointment with the doctor to see if he could do an ultrasound but they couldn't get me in until the 28th....a very long ways away. As the weeks past I still had morning sickness and still didn't really want to talk to anyone about it. Today is the 28th and I did have an ultrasound.....And my perfect baby was there clear as day...kicking, and moving. I just cried. I could have watched it all day long. Taitum was there also because he had to have a check up so he got to see his new brother or sister and he even showed the doctor where the legs and arms were. My placenta is in the wrong place at this point and it was causing all the cramping and bleeding. What a relief! He actually bumped my due date from the end of June to the end of May. I have 6 weeks until I can see the sex of the baby.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey when you can get the furniture for under $1000, you have to jump on it. So how are you feeling? I hope better.

Holli Slack said...

I am so glad to hear that things are okay. I would hate for you to go through another miscarriage. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take it easy!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you and your baby! it makes me want to cry. congratulations!

Marchelle said...

That is so wonderful that everything is okay! You are so lucky to have such a big family. Eric and I are trying to have one more...things are working out yet though, so who knows. Thank you for sharing your struggles too. It is nice to know that everything isn't perfect for others either!!