Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Something old and something new

On Sunday Eben and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary. Wow?!? Who knew we would make it this long..lol In the beginning I for sure had little faith in our relateionship, but oh how the tables have turned.

10 reason's I love being married to Eben
1. He always makes sure I have some kind of special treat each day
2. I can make him to all my phone calling (I hate talking on the phone)
3. He is a wonderfully amazing and understanding dad to our kids.
4. He knows how to fix everything.
5. He will watch my "stupid" shows with me even though he is hating every minute.
6. He pretends like he cares even if he doesn't :)
7. He excepts my flaws and tries to make me except them too.
8. Sometimes he suprises me and will sweep, or do the dishes.
9. He is the most handsome thing I have ever seen.
10. His laugh is so silly that it will make me laugh even if Im really mad.

In the beginning we went all out for our anniversary but for the last 2 years we have been in some foreign lands (Idaho and Alaska...how much more foreign can you get) with no babysitter's. So we had to find the simple joy in renting a movie and watching it with the kids. This year we are not in a foreign land but quite comfortable and very excited about renting a movie with the kids and having a nice quiet evening at home.

Our Anniversary landed on Sunday so we took a long quiet drive in the mountains looking for deer and enjoying the sounds of the kids singing churh songs (ebie included) we then broke the rules and went out to eat. Then we came home to show the kids mommy and daddy's gift to each other. A flat screen big ol' TV. Im not a huge fan and we dont have the money for it but eben's boss gave us a slammin deal and we have a charge account :) Plus Im shacking up with the manager...that has to count for something right ;)

The kids went crazy! What an exciting event at the Leatham home. We have went with out a TV for a long time now so the kids had fun looking through the channels and deciding what they were going to watch. After that we put in our new movie "Indianna Jones" that simply blew the kids minds. So all in all we had the best time.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Congratulations on your anniversary hun! You guys are a very awesome couple and have a very wonderful gorgeous little family! Me and Adam are pretty boring too when it comes to anniversaries, ours is rapidly approaching (our 5th)and we havent even discussed it yet :) Guess we gotta knock the birthdays and thanksgiving outta the way first.

Unknown said...

Congrats! 9 years is a big accomplishment. Ours quickly approaching too. Wow we are getting old.

Marchelle said...

Hey girl!!! I am so happy that you have one of these now! I decided to play catch up from you myspace page and now I found this. I can't wait to catch up once again...Hopefully you don't think I am someone crazy. lol