Sunday, April 5, 2009

NEED ADVICE

Okey I am a huge fan of doing laundry (I know I'm weird...but does it help that I really hate putting my clothes away?) I use alot of different products when I am washing(spray and wash, oxy clean, borax, bleach, color safe bleach, etc.) and I cant let a piece of clothing go through the wash without having every stain taken care of.
BUT! I need advice on my bed sheets and also my whites. I use the recommended amount of bleach in the wash cycle with my whites but they never look "white" and I just bought some new white sheets thinking they would be so easy to take care of(after all hotels have white sheets all the time)but for some reason they are looking all yucky looking and every stain shows up even if I use spray and wash and use bleach.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom always said washing something blue with whites brightens them.
By the way, thier photos turned out way cute! Whenever you're ready to do our family pics let me know! I think Coi's hair has grown out enough now to look cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I love to do laundry and hate putting it away too! We have so much in common :)

Bleach would be my advice, so if you are already using it, I don't know....have you tried a bleach stick on the stains before yo wash?

Holli Slack said...

About the diaper cake I went onto the internet and went to You-Tube and put diaper cakes in the search line. There were so many differnt ideas. I watched a couple of videos and deciced to just put it together. I bought a package of 72 diapers. I think that I used 68 of them. If I was to do it again, I would do it different. A friend of Mika's made one and it was 10 times better than mine. Instead of putting ribbon around it, she put receiving blankets around each layer. She also put small bottles in place of some of the diapers. I am sure that yours was cute. I hope that helps you out! If not let me know what I can do to help you out!

Huri said...

Lemons. Slice some lemons and throw in your wash. White vinegar is good too.

Mellissa said...

Kind of random, but I heard that cascade (the dishwashing powder) is good for getting your whites nice and white. I've never tried it, so I can't really say for sure though.