Thursday, April 30, 2009

growing a potty...

Taitum (my 4 year old) ask me today when Ebie was going to grow a potty? Me not really knowing what he was asking(he asks alot of questions daily..that really have no purpose and no way of answering)I just sayed "i dunno son" and went on with what I was doing. He looked very puzzled and then sayed "but mom if she doesn't have a potty how will she go camping?". Now at this point I am really trying to understand what he is asking. So I made him start over, "what did you ask me?" he repeated that he wants to know when Ebie will grow a potty? Then is hit me, since we dont really use a particular name for "girl and boy" parts the most used would be "potty". I really never thought about having to explain what makes girls and boys different, after all sharing one bathroom often leaves kids running in and out while eben and I are showering and even using the bathroom. But I guess we skipped that part. I quickly gave Taitum a run down on why girls and boys were different and tried to explain that Ebie will never grow a "potty". lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Taitum so gotta love him! I think it's great the way his little mind works!:) He so makes my day when he smiles at me and we play the Taitum name game at Headstart. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to show you sometime:)

Chad said...

Haha, That is funny. :)

Marchelle said...

LOL that is funny!! Those moments always seem to come up out of no where. The other day we took Skyler to see X-Men origins. Well he told my mom he went to see X-Men orgies...lol We laughed to hard and then he wanted to know what was so funny. Ohh, the fun discoveries.

Holli Slack said...

That is too funny...where in the heck kids come up with there crazy questions that they are always asking.